Functions of the Commission
The Commission has a broad range of functions, including to:
- Investigate conduct that is alleged to be corrupt conduct
- Refer suspected instances of criminality or wrongdoing to the appropriate authorities
- Prevent corruption through research and mitigation efforts
- Publish information about its investigations including what lessons may have been learned during the course of an investigation
- Provide education programs
- Foster public confidence in the Legislative Assembly and ACT public sector.
The ACT Integrity Commission commenced performance of its statutory functions on 1 December 2019.
See section 23 of the Integrity Commission Act